Meet the Team
Tom Cunningham, Co-founder, Trained as a registered nurse in the Emergency Department of Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, Tom also has a bachelor degree in business administration from California State University, Los Angeles. Tom developed El Camino Community College's 40 hour First Responder Course, approved by the United States Coast Guard
Mary Cunningham's Training Center Accomplishments:
- BEST CPR & FIRST AID CLASS EVER ATTENDED is what many of our students wrote on
- their evaluations of our instructors.
- Our students get FREE CPR & FIRST AID TRAINING MANUALS and FACE SHIELDS.
- Our classes are approved by AHA, EMSA, OSHA and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Our training started 20 years ago and during that time, we have trained over 360,000 students.
- We are now one of the largest AHA Training Centers in Los Angeles County.
- We keep a computerized data base of all our students. If they loose a CPR card we can quickly look it up and get them replacement cards.
- We validate at no charge to employers that a student took a course with us.
- Our students receive post cards from us reminding them to renew their cards before they expire.
- Most of our students come back to renew their cards with us every 2 years; so they like the way they are treated here.
- About 10 years ago we became an authorized American Heart Association Training Center.
- We have enlarged the size of our 4 well equipped class rooms.
- We can have 3 separate classes taught at the same time.
- We have over 60 adult manikins and over 40 infant manikins and can rent more for very large outside classes.
- We give classes at clients' facilities ranging in size from 10 to 150 students.
- We contract with extra AHA instructors as needed to conduct large classes.
- We offer Classes in English, Spanish and Korean languages; serving the needs of our diverse cultural community.
- We clean our manikins with soap and water and bleach after each use.
- We published our own training manual: Health and Safety for Child Care. It is approved by the State of California Emergency Medical Authority (EMSA) for use in the training of licensed childcare providers. Our students comments state that this is the BEST PREVENTIVE HEALTH & SAFETY CLASS THEY HAVE TAKEN.